Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Stability of My Times

oh, the perils of maintaining a blog… and i call myself a mother. but seriously, who doesn’t find humor in ecards like this one? ok, maybe some of you. truth be told, i find most of them funny. judge me not.

raise myself

i am what they call a lover of words… to the exhaustion of those closest to me. really, a lover of most forms of creative expression: art, dance, music, photography. does food count?

that is some of what this space is about when i manage to slow down long enough. a space of reflection and wrestling and worship.

spiral bound journals line the shelves in our bedroom closet and while the feel of a good ball point pen is thrilling there is something cathartic about stringing words together with pictures, capturing these sacred moments that will fade all too soon.

like this one from today…where we exchanged water slides for mud puddles.  muddog

or last night when we skyped for the first time ever.

andrea, 21st century - welcome aboard. skype2

love letters to daddymissing daddy

five short years and a million memories already fraying at the ends. “God, help me to capture this moment…” i exhale, taking mental snapshots as we go- hoping some of them bury deep. life falls down around us and the world spins madly on.

and for all that will fade, this year is forever hallmarked as a deep place where i knew that God was near, His promises strong. one such promise i have clung to… 

Isaiah 33:6
And He will be the stability of your times, A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; The fear of the LORD is his treasure.

the Stability of my times… in chaos, loss and wounding, personal sin and weakness. my Sure Footing, Rich in Salvation and wisdom, the Restorer of all things. God is engaging my heart to experience His treasures more fully as i lean into the painful places...

as the days and years roll into one another, whether chronicling the ordinary tales of early motherhood or reflecting on His work in my heart… may this space be a reflection of the One who sets my feet upon a rock and secures my times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails