Sunday, January 20, 2008

the BIG 3-0

today was the day. as my best friend, jamie, put it...i joined the 30 club. it hasn't been so bad, since i started preparing the moment i turned 25. ryan surprised me with a girls day out. while he took care of the babies, some friends & i enjoyed massages & pedicures. he also lined up a babysitter so we joined friends for dinner at my favorite restaurant, cafe capri. it was a wonderfully thoughtful way to celebrate the day. it is hard to believe my 20's are gone but i look forward to the next decade of discoveries... watching our babies grow up, as we continue growing old together.

as i reflect on the last 30 years, i see God's hand on each one. whether in joy or in suffering, in laughter or loss, hope or disappointment. each one leading me on to the One who does not change, the God of all comfort & Giver of all grace. many days, months, even years have been spent questioning His goodness, ignoring His voice, resisting His love. yet, He is still good. His Word still speaks. His love, still endless. thank you, Lord, for the gift of 30 years... may there be many more.

6 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote about your
    30th birthday. It is so true. Despite not always leaning on him, God is still so good. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet friend! The 30's have been such wonderful years so far for me, and I know you will enjoy them too, especially as you grow with Davis and Berk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Andrea! I am so glad that your day was special
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Andrea! Here's to your next 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday...a little late :)

    I agree, 30 isn't so bad, although I was really dreading it.

    (BTW, we had the same present from our husbands for our 30th birthdays. What thoughtful guys!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails